Thread: Tracy Jones Makes On Air Offer To Reds

Re: Tracy Jones Makes On Air Offer To Reds

Bidding war eh?

I'll work for 500 a game, and I already live here
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

seriously, if Tracy Jones were to get the job, I would not listen to games on the radio that werent on tv. I would follow on mlb.com gamecast first.

Well I would listen even to games that are on TV, 3 second delay be darned.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

If the Reds keep winning, The Tracy Jones Show will be interesting this weekend. (Friday and Sunday)

Maybe "Rod" and his son "JR." will make the trip to Pittsburgh.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I listen to every Reds game, always have.

That would come to a Screeching Halt with Marty and Tracy calling PBP.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I wouldn't give him 1500 for the entire season.
    They could pay him 1500 a game to keep his mouth shut.

Tracey Jones would be too busy proclaiming that he "played the game" to actually tell listeners what was going on in the game he was supposed to be broadcasting.
    Jones is such an incompetent egotistical moron that I am surprised he hasn't already been hired by ESPN.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I think Tracy Jones and the Banana Phone crowd are made for each other. But having Tracy on during the actual playing of the game, eewwww.

I generally advocate civility on this board, even when discussing players, management, etc., so I have reconsidered my prior post wherein I called Tracy Jones an incompetent egotistical moron. I would like to amend that post---I left off " pompous jackass."
    Last month I listended to Jones's radio show while I was driving home from a Reds game with my two older sons. I lost track of how many times Jones announced that he "played the game" as the justification for why he believed that listeners should apparently believe whatever he said without question.
    Yes, Jones "played the game" in the majors. He also played the game poorly. Bob Costas and Vin Scully and Marty Brennanman and a host of other announcers didn't "play the game" but they do know how to be a broadcaster and have displayed some talent for the job.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I hope he was joking... that's a pretty steep price. Actually, I doubt Marty makes that much!
    Back in 1992, I had several opportunities to talk with a sports director of a radio station that carried Reds games. He told me that he had been told that the Colorado Rockies had tried to hire Marty to be their broadcaster. They wanted him to add some credibility to their inaugural broadcasting team. I was told that the Reds counter offered with $750,000 and Marty stayed. If I remember right, he had heard that Marty hadnt seriously considered the Rockies' offer but the Reds didnt want to take a chance on losing him.

Tracy Jones wasn't able to hold Kal "Jack" Daniels jockstrap !!

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    Back in 1992, I had several opportunities to talk with a sports director of a radio station that carried Reds games. He told me that he had been told that the Colorado Rockies had tried to hire Marty to be their broadcaster. They wanted him to add some credibility to their inaugural broadcasting team. I was told that the Reds counter offered with $750,000 and Marty stayed. If I remember right, he had heard that Marty hadnt seriously considered the Rockies' offer but the Reds didnt want to take a chance on losing him.
    Marty would have loved what the altitude would do for his golf game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Marty would have loved what the altitude would do for his golf game.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    Wow, life (and baseball) certainly has been good to Marty, you wouldn't be able to tell by the way he broadcasts the games sometimes.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Old Red Guard Reject

If you're not good enough get paid $200,000 for playing baseball for the Reds, I guess you try to get them to pay you that for announcing, huh Tracer? He's terrible at both.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Turn Off Ads?