Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Concert time!

Re: Concert time!

Went to the High Water Festival in North Charleston a couple weeks ago and it was great:

https://www.highwaterfest.com/lineup

Beck as the headliner was a blast but for my money, Father John Misty and Orville Peck were the co-MVPs of the weekend, just incredible. Honorable mention to Bleachers, Sierra Ferrell, and the festival organizers, Shovels & Rope.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Likes:

WildcatFan (05-01-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Well we have quite a lineup coming up, went and saw The Winery Dogs a while back, great show. Have Band-Maid coming next month, then Metal Church, followed by the Iron Maidens the next week. Got Govt Mule in August, then the Cherry on top, BABY METAL on my birthday

5. Likes:

M2 (05-01-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Went to the High Water Festival in North Charleston a couple weeks ago and it was great:

https://www.highwaterfest.com/lineup

Beck as the headliner was a blast but for my money, Father John Misty and Orville Peck were the co-MVPs of the weekend, just incredible. Honorable mention to Bleachers, Sierra Ferrell, and the festival organizers, Shovels & Rope.
    Had tickets for this festival in 2020, so...... Love Shovels and Rope. They're touring with the Wood Brothers over the next couple of months, so hoping to get to one of those.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

7. Likes:

RichRed (05-01-2023)

Two concerts that may be of interest to some:

July 27 - Party Gras 2023 : Bret Michaels, Night Ranger & Jefferson Starship

August 17 - The Marshall Tucker Band with special guest Don Felder

WHERE: Corbin Arena (Corbin, KY - about an hour south of Lexington on 75) . The venue seats between 5,000-7,000 and has hosted some big acts in music and entertainment , including Bret Michaels, Blue Oyster Cult, Loverboy, Motley Crue, Judas Priest, Styx, Snoop Dogg, Foreigner, WWE , and much more. There's literally not a bad seat in the house.

Come spend a day on Lake Cumberland or at Cumberland Falls State Park and take in a show in the evening.
    "I’m here and I’m taking copious notes. Cuts will be made tonight. " --- The Big Lebowski

9. Likes:

goreds2 (06-06-2023)

If some of you looked at some of my past posts in this thread, you would think i'm just a "Metal Head", but I love the crooners as well.

So the wife and I are going to see Mr Barry Manilow, in August, here in Detroit, and we have second row seats, beyond excited

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-21-2023),Redhook (05-20-2023)

Finally seeing Manchester Orchestra live this year, Red Rocks in July, and I’m really looking forward to it. And, I ponied up to see Tyler Childers at Fiddlers Green in September.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

13. Likes:

Gainesville Red (05-29-2023),moewan (05-21-2023)

Going to get the Hives on Nov. 1.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

moewan (05-22-2023)

https://www.oceanscallingfestival.com/

I’m going to Oceans Calling festival in Maryland the end of September. I think it should be called Oldchella, but a really solid 3 day lineup.

17. Likes:

moewan (05-22-2023),Redhook (05-21-2023),RichRed (05-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    https://www.oceanscallingfestival.com/

I’m going to Oceans Calling festival in Maryland the end of September. I think it should be called Oldchella, but a really solid 3 day lineup.
    Wow, that’s a great lineup and Sunday is stacked! The Lumineers are phenomenal live and Nathaniel Rateliff is good too.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Wow, that’s a great lineup and Sunday is stacked! The Lumineers are phenomenal live and Nathaniel Rateliff is good too.
    I’m really excited. The Lumineers are probably my favorite band I haven’t seen live yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I’m really excited. The Lumineers are probably my favorite band I haven’t seen live yet.
    The cool little stories Wesley tells before most songs about how the song was written, their overall gratitude, and the sound live will blow you away. They’ll exceed your expectations. I’ve seen them 3 times and can’t wait to see them again.

21. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (05-22-2023)

Going to see The Cure in a couple weeks. Been a fan for a long time and have never seen them live.

They call me "chef"

Has this forum ever had a comprehensive discussion on Homecoming?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Going to see The Cure in a couple weeks. Been a fan for a long time and have never seen them live.
    Nearly 3 hour show that ranged from the hits to deep cuts to a lot of new songs. Robert Smith sounds great and the band was amazing.

25. Likes:

goreds2 (06-06-2023),moewan (06-06-2023)

Bryan Adams and Joan Jett took Philly back to the 80's last night. Both sounded amazing and seemed to have a great time even with 1/2 the arena being empty.

27. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-08-2023)

Turn Off Ads?